From the “Richard Schellen Collection”
“Lease Book 5, at page 111 et al, one will find a transaction, dated Oc 31, 1900, involving the sale by Thomas Gilbert of Alameda county to one Henry H. Davis of San Francisco, who in turn leased the 1200 acre tract to the Bella Vista Oil Syndicate. This company was organized under the laws of the state of Arizona, like so many others operating in San Mateo County.
“The lease was for ten years. The president of the company was a Dr. A.E. Neumeister of Jackson county, Missouri, and Charles F. O’Brien is listed as secretary of the outfit, also from the same place.”